Old Age/ Senior Citizen Day Care
KRITI HEALTH CARE
What is an Old Age/ Senior Citizen Day Care Center?
Old age/ senior citizen day care is a planned program of activities designed to promote well-being though social and health-related services. Senior Citizen day care centers operate during daytime hours, Monday through Friday, in a safe, supportive, cheerful environment. Nutritious meals that accommodate special diets are typically included, along with an afternoon snack.
Old Age/ Senior Citizen day care centers can be public or private, non-profit or for-profit. The intent of an Old Age/Senior Citizen day center is primarily two-fold:
- To provide Old Age/Senior Citizen an opportunity to get out of the house and receive both mental and social stimulation.
- To give caregivers a much-needed break in which to attend to personal needs, or simply rest and relax.
Benefits of adult day care:
Kriti Health Care, an Old Age/Senior Citizen day care center provider in Delhi NCR region, summarizes the benefits of Old Age/Senior Citizen day care well: “Old Age/Senior Citizen day care offers a win/win situation for everyone in the family—not only the client or member who attends the program, but also for the family member who has primary responsibility as caregiver. Senior Citizen day care provides a much-needed respite for the caregiver, affording a break from the physical demands and stress of providing round-the-clock care.”
For the participant, an Old Age day care center’s benefits can be extensive:
- A safe, secure environment in which to spend the day.
- Enjoyable and educational activities.
- Improvement in mental and physical health.
- Enhanced or maintained level of independence.
- Socialization and peer support.
- Nutritious meals and snacks.